The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will meet August 7-10, 2017 at the Marriott Plaza, San Antonio, located at 555 S. Alamo St. San Antonio, Texas 78205. The meeting will convene on the following days and local times:
- Council Committees meet 10:30 – 5:00 on Monday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 5:00 on Tuesday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 10:30 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 10:45 – 5:30 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 8:30 – 3:45 on Thursday
The Committee and Council Agenda are posted on the Council website and meeting materials will be posted as they become available.
Public testimony is scheduled on Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. In addition to taking general comments, testimony will be taken on the following issues:
- Final Action on the Framework Action to adjust Greater Amberjack Annual Catch Limit and Management Measures.
- Final Action on Referendum Eligibility Requirements for Amendment 42: Reef Fish Management for Headboat Survey Vessels
- Final Action on Referendum Eligibility Requirements for Amendment 41: Allocation-based Management for Federally Permitted Charter Vesels
Written comments submitted on these issues by August 1, 2017 will be summarized and presented to Full Council before final action is taken. Visit the proposed amendments page of our website to submit your comments or email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live over the internet. Register for the webinar.