The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will Convene its Law Enforcement Technical Committee in Conjunction with the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission’s Law Enforcement Committee on Wednesday, October 18, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The meetings will be held at the Battle House Renaissance Hotel, located at 26 North Royal Street, Mobile, AL 36602.
In addition to electing a Chair and Vice Chair, the Law Enforcement Technical Committee will discuss the following items:
- Options Paper for Amendment 36B – Modifications to Commercial Individual Fishing Quota Programs
- Draft Amendment – State Management Program for Recreational Red Snapper
- Options Paper for Venting Tools and Descending Devices
- Options Paper for Draft Modifications to the Sea Turtle Release Protocol and Gear for the Reef Fish Fishery
- Coral Amendment 9 – Public Hearing Draft of Coral Habitat Areas Considered for Management in the Gulf of Mexico
- Spiny Lobster Amendment 12 – Bully net gear regulations for spiny lobster for the EEZ off Florida
- Implications of Permit Transfers for Federal For-Hire Vessels
- Review of the Guidelines for the 2017 Officer of the Year Award
- Overview of Congressional Activities
For a complete agenda and meeting materials click here.