January 3, 2017
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Scientific and Statistical Committees on Tuesday, January 10, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Wednesday, January 11, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Mayfair Hotel, located at 3000 Florida Avenue, Coconut Grove (Miami), Florida 33133.
The Scientific and Statistical Committee will address the following items:
- Gulf migratory group king mackerel updated over fishing limits and acceptable biological catch yield streams.
- Data limited species stock assessment (SEDAR 49)
- Gag update stock assessment
- Mechanisms for allowing carryover of under-harvested quota
- Stock recovery time under different life history characteristics
- Economic and social limitations of catch limits with respect to National Standards 5 and 8
Follow this link for a complete agenda and meeting materials: https://gulfcouncil.org/council_meetings/Panel%20and%20Committee%20Meetings/Standing_RF_Mack_SocioEcon_SSC%2001-17.php
Click here to register for the webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3383291116212545537