July 19, 2018
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a one day meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Mackerel and Shrimp Scientific and Statistical Committees (SSC). The meeting will convene on Thursday, August 2, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST, at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel, located at 2225 N. Lois Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Standing and Mackerel SSCs will address the following:
- Updated Catch-Per-Unit Effort Indices for Gulf Cobia
- Review of Options Paper – Modifications to Gulf of Mexico Migratory Group Cobia Size and Possession Limits
The Standing, Reef Fish and Shrimp SSCs will address the following:
- Update on Council Request Regarding Shrimp Effort Threshold Reduction in the Area Monitored for Juvenile Red Snapper Bycatch
The Standing and Reef Fish SSCs will address the following:
- Review of Procedure for Red Grouper Interim Analysis
- Council Staff Proposed Modifications to the SEDAR Process
- Determine Need for a Red Snapper Research Track Assessment in 2020, Followed by an Operational Assessment in 2021
- Selection of Workgroup Appointees for SEDAR 64 – Yellowtail Snapper Benchmark Assessment
- Specify the TORs for the 2020 Operational Assessments for Gag and Greater Amberjack
- Review of Gray Snapper Global SPR Analysis
- Draft Reef Fish Amendment 48/Red Drum Amendment 5
For agenda and meeting materials click here.
To register for the webinar click here.