May 22, 2018
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Standing and Reef Fish Scientific and Statistical Committees on May 31 and June 1, 2018 in the Gulf Council’s office conference room located at 2203 N. Lois Ave, Suite 1100, Tampa, FL, 33607. The meeting will convene on Thursday, May 31, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; and Friday, June 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., EST.
The Standing and Reef Fish SSC will address the following items:
- SEDAR 37 Update (FWC hogfish assessment)
- SEDAR 51 (gray snapper benchmark assessment)
- SEDAR 52 (red snapper standard assessment)
- Discard mortality estimates of red snapper by sector
- Estimate of the reduction in mortality (numbers of fish) for red snapper from use of venting and descending devices
- Discussion on Best Scientific Information Available and Review of National Standard 2
- SEDAR 64 (yellowtail snapper benchmark assessment)
- Draft Reef Fish Amendment 48/Red Drum Amendment 5
- Red grouper indices and interim analysis
For agenda and meeting materials click here.
Click here to register for the webinar.