The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a meeting of it’s Standing, Reef Fish, Shrimp, and Socioeconomic Scientific and Statistical Committees (SSC) on March 26-27, 2018 in the Gulf Council’s conference room located at 2203 N. Lois Ave, Suite 1100, Tampa, FL, 33607. The meeting will be held Monday, March 26, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., and Tuesday, March 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, EST.
The Standing, Socioeconomic, and Shrimp SSC session will address the following items:
- Stock status review of brown, pink and white shrimp
- Update on the economic analysis requested by Council
- Grouper/Tilefish IFQ program 5-year review
- Selection of SSC Representative at April 16–20, 2018 Council Meeting in Gulfport, MS
The Standing and Reef Fish SSC session will address the following items:
- 5-year review on inclusion/exclusion of species and species groupings in Fishery Management Plans
- Further development of a stock assessment prioritization spreadsheet
- Update on MRIP Fishing Effort Survey and status of certification of State Data Collection Programs
- Habitat mapping and characterization on the West Florida Shelf
For a complete agenda and meeting materials click here.
Click here to register for the webinar.