September 19, 2019
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene its Law Enforcement Technical Committee in Conjunction with the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission’s Law Enforcement Committee. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 16, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Golden Nugget Biloxi Hotel and Casino, located at 151 Beach Blvd. in Biloxi, Mississippi.
The Committee will address the following:
- Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing
- Possession limits on for-hire trips lasting over 24-Hours
- Recreational greater amberjack fractional bag limits
- Estimated Weights in Advance Landings Notifications for commercial Individual Fishing Quota program participants
- Onboard electronic monitoring and reporting systems for federally permitted charter and headboat vessels
- Maximum crew size on vessels with both federal for-hire and federal commercial permits
- Enforcement of red snapper seasons under state management
- Officer/Team of the Year Award
For a complete agenda and meeting materials, click here.