The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will host a meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Mackerel, and Socioeconomic Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will convene at 8:30 AM on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 and adjourn by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- Best Scientific Information Available – NOAA Policy directive for Stock Status Determinations and Catch Specifications
- National Standard 1 Guidance of Estimation of Fishing Mortality and Biomass Proxies
- Coping with Information Gaps in Stock Productivity for Rebuilding and Achieving Maximum Sustainable Yield for Grouper and Snapper Fisheries
- Establishing Stock Status Determination Criteria for Fisheries with High Discards and Uncertain Recruitment
- A Perspective on Steepness, Reference Points, and Stock Assessment
- Status Determination Criteria Amendment
- Alternative ABC Control Rule
- MRIP and State Survey Data Collection and Calibration Efforts
- SEDAR 62 – Gray Triggerfish
- Council Research and Monitoring Priorities for 2020-2024
- Gray Snapper Operational Assessment
- West Florida Shelf Hogfish Benchmark Assessment
- Gulf SEDAR Assessment Schedule
- Fishery Impact Assessment of Explosive Removal of Structures
- Almaco Jack Life History and Landings
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
To register for the webinar, click here.