April 23, 2020
The Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic Fishery Management Councils will convene a joint workgroup to address Section 102: Fishery Management Measures of the Modernizing Recreational Fisheries Management Act of 2018. This meeting will be held via webinar on Monday, May 18, 2020, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM eastern time.
The workgroup, comprised of Council members from both Gulf and South Atlantic Fishery Management Councils, will address the following:
- An overview of Section 102: Fishery Management Measures of the Modernizing Recreational Fisheries Management Act of 2018
- A Review of presentations on Section 102 made to the Council Coordinating Committee in November 2019
- Proposals put forward at the 2018 National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Summit
- Alternative strategies for further consideration
- Characteristics of potential candidate species for alternative management strategies
View the Agenda and Meeting Materials here.
Register for the webinar here.