December 18, 2020
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a three-day webinar of its Standing, Reef Fish, Mackerel, Socioeconomic, and Ecosystem Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held January 5 – 7, 2021.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- Greater Amberjack: The SEDAR 70 Stock Assessment Report, executive summary, projections, and a summary of comments from the public collected through the Council’s Something’s Fishy with Greater Amberjack tool. Also, a presentation on the Sea Grant/NMFS Greater Amberjack Research program.
- Red Grouper: Presentation on recreational landings data and background including recent stock assessment (SEDAR 61) and proposed Amendment (53) which considers adjusting red grouper allocations and annual catch levels.
- Red Snapper
- Supply Chains and Markets
- Great Red Snapper Count: Presentation from principle investigator, Dr. Stunz, and discussion of integration of the results into the interim analysis process.
- Interim Analysis Schedule
- Carryover of Uncaught Commercial Quota for IFQ Managed Species
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will also discuss the following:
- Gag grouper spawning and distribution
- Habitat Research
- Participation in the Mutton Snapper Stock Assessment (SEDAR 79)
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.