February 23, 2021
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT on March 23, 2021. The meeting will be held via webinar.
The Panel will address the following:
- Council actions in response to motions from the November 2020 Shrimp Advisory Panel meeting
- NOAA Fisheries Shrimp Working Groups
- 2019 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings
- 2019 Royal Red Index
- Biological Review of the Texas Closure
- Effort Data Collection
- Aquaculture Opportunity Areas in the Gulf of Mexico
- Recommendations for Conducting a Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle Stock Assessment
- Research Projects to Improve Bycatch Estimates
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.
Access the agenda and meeting materials on our Advisory Panel meetings page.