February 23, 2021
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT on March 23, 2021. The meeting will be held via webinar.
The Panel will address the following:
- Council actions in response to motions from the November 2020 Shrimp Advisory Panel meeting
- NOAA Fisheries Shrimp Working Groups
- 2019 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings
- 2019 Royal Red Index
- Biological Review of the Texas Closure
- Effort Data Collection
- Aquaculture Opportunity Areas in the Gulf of Mexico
- Recommendations for Conducting a Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle Stock Assessment
- Research Projects to Improve Bycatch Estimates
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.