July 20, 2021
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a three-day hybrid meeting (in-person and virtual) of its Standing, Socioeconomic, and Ecosystem Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held on from 8:30 – 5:00 EDT on August 9-11, 2021, at the Council Office located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- Review of a document outlining Best Practices and Voting Procedures.
- Review the Updated Red Grouper Interim Analysis
- Discuss the Research Track and Operational Assessment Process and Guidance Document
- Determine Topical Working Groups for SEDAR 75: Gulf of Mexico Gray Snapper Operational Assessment
- Scope of Work for Red Grouper Operational Assessment
- Scope of Work for Vermillion Snapper Operational Assessment
- Determination of Approach to Assess Gulf of Mexico Tilefish Complex
- Review of Interim Analysis Schedule
- Review of SEDAR Stock Assessment Schedule
- Presentation on National Standard 1 Technical Guidance for Data-Poor Stocks
- Review of King Mackerel Historical Harvest and Catch Limits, and Commercial Harvest Differences
- Review of Greater Amberjack Historical Harvest and Catch Limits, and Projections
- Presentation on Using Field Experiments to Assess Alternative Mechanisms for Distributing Fish to the Recreational Sector
- Review of Draft Options: Generic Essential Fish Habitat Amendment 5
Public comment will be held in-person over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.