March 9, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a hybrid (in-person and virtual) meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel (Panel) from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT on March 29, 2022.
The Panel will address the following:
- Council Actions in Response to Motions from the December 2021 Shrimp AP Meeting, and January 2022 Council Meeting
- Update on Council RFP to Address Expanded Sampling of the Fleet for Effort Monitoring in the Gulf Shrimp Industry
- Update on Plan for Pilot Testing of VMS Units on Gulf Shrimp Vessels
- NMFS’ Evaluation of Draft Approval Specifications for Reinstituting Historical cELB Program
- Review of Draft Shrimp Framework Action
- Update on NMFS Shrimp Working Groups
- Update on the Development of Brown and White Shrimp Empirical Dynamic Models
- Update on Gulf of Mexico Atlantis Ecosystem Model Development
- 2020 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings
- Update on Number of Active Gulf Shrimp Permits, Economic Estimates, and Royal Red Landings
- 2020 Royal Red Index
- Biological Review of the Texas Closure
- Update on Sea Turtle Take and TED Compliance
- Update on Publication of Gulf of Mexico Aquaculture Opportunity Areas’ Notice of Intent
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.
Access the agenda and meeting materials on our Advisory Panel meetings page.