March 9, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a hybrid (in-person and virtual) meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel (Panel) from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, EDT on March 29, 2022.
The Panel will address the following:
- Council Actions in Response to Motions from the December 2021 Shrimp AP Meeting, and January 2022 Council Meeting
- Update on Council RFP to Address Expanded Sampling of the Fleet for Effort Monitoring in the Gulf Shrimp Industry
- Update on Plan for Pilot Testing of VMS Units on Gulf Shrimp Vessels
- NMFS’ Evaluation of Draft Approval Specifications for Reinstituting Historical cELB Program
- Review of Draft Shrimp Framework Action
- Update on NMFS Shrimp Working Groups
- Update on the Development of Brown and White Shrimp Empirical Dynamic Models
- Update on Gulf of Mexico Atlantis Ecosystem Model Development
- 2020 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings
- Update on Number of Active Gulf Shrimp Permits, Economic Estimates, and Royal Red Landings
- 2020 Royal Red Index
- Biological Review of the Texas Closure
- Update on Sea Turtle Take and TED Compliance
- Update on Publication of Gulf of Mexico Aquaculture Opportunity Areas’ Notice of Intent
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.