November 15, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will host a one-day meeting of its Coastal Migratory Pelagics Advisory Panel on December 1, 2022, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 pm, EST. The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport Hotel located at 700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, Florida, 33609.
The Advisory Panel will address the following:
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Proposed Rule – The Advisory Panel will hear a presentation and is expected to make recommendations to inform the Council’s comment letter on the expansion.
- Electronic Reporting for the Commercial Coastal Logbook Program – The Advisory Panel will receive a presentation on development of this program and may make recommendations to further improve the program.
- Review of Coastal Migratory Pelagic Landings and Status Report on Framework Amendment 11: Gulf of Mexico Group King Mackerel Catch Limits – The Advisory Panel will receive an update on landing trends and the status for implementation of Framework Amendment 11.
- Framework Amendment 12: Modifications to Commercial Gulf King Mackerel Gillnet Fishing Season – The Panel will review the draft document and may make recommendations to the Council.
- Amendment 33: King Mackerel Allocation – The Council decided not to consider reallocation of king mackerel and ceased work on the document. However, the updated CMP management objectives will be incorporated into a future CMP amendment. Thus, the Council requested feedback from the Advisory Panel on the Joint CMP FMP Objectives.
- Potential Action to Prohibit Recreational Sale of Gulf Cobia – The Advisory Panel will consider mechanisms for prohibiting the recreational sale of cobia and may make recommendations to the Council.
Public comment will be held before the meeting adjourns.