November 15, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will host a one-day meeting of its Coastal Migratory Pelagics Advisory Panel on December 1, 2022, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 pm, EST. The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport Hotel located at 700 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, Florida, 33609.
The Advisory Panel will address the following:
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Proposed Rule – The Advisory Panel will hear a presentation and is expected to make recommendations to inform the Council’s comment letter on the expansion.
- Electronic Reporting for the Commercial Coastal Logbook Program – The Advisory Panel will receive a presentation on development of this program and may make recommendations to further improve the program.
- Review of Coastal Migratory Pelagic Landings and Status Report on Framework Amendment 11: Gulf of Mexico Group King Mackerel Catch Limits – The Advisory Panel will receive an update on landing trends and the status for implementation of Framework Amendment 11.
- Framework Amendment 12: Modifications to Commercial Gulf King Mackerel Gillnet Fishing Season – The Panel will review the draft document and may make recommendations to the Council.
- Amendment 33: King Mackerel Allocation – The Council decided not to consider reallocation of king mackerel and ceased work on the document. However, the updated CMP management objectives will be incorporated into a future CMP amendment. Thus, the Council requested feedback from the Advisory Panel on the Joint CMP FMP Objectives.
- Potential Action to Prohibit Recreational Sale of Gulf Cobia – The Advisory Panel will consider mechanisms for prohibiting the recreational sale of cobia and may make recommendations to the Council.
Public comment will be held before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.