June 22, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Ecosystem, and Socioeconomic Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held from 9:00 – 5:00 EDT, July 7 and 8, 2022. The meeting will be held at the Council Office located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607. Members of the public are welcome to attend in-person.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- Review of an alternative model run for SEDAR 72: Gulf of Mexico Gag Grouper stock assessment that uses data from Florida’s State Reef Fish Survey
- Review of discard data for gag, red grouper, greater amberjack, and red snapper
- Presentation on NOAA RESTORE Project: The impacts of short and long-term management decisions on red snapper
- Acceptable Biological Catch Control Rule modifications
- Wenchman snapper data evaluation and consideration of stock-specific catch limits
Public comment will be held in-person and over the webinar each day before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.