NOAA Fisheries is holding a listening session for Gulf of Mexico shrimpers including captains, permit holders, and deckhands on September 20, 2023, from 4-7 p.m. EDT. The goal of this session is to generate local ecological knowledge on the Gulf of Mexico shrimp fishery.
Why This is Happening:
Our intent is to increase information flow between scientists, managers, and fishermen in support of improved fishery resources in the Gulf of Mexico.
We are interested in hearing about:
● What aspects of your operation are most critical to your success? Are those aspects facing short or long-term threats?
● What impact has fisheries management had on your industry?
● What targeted research might improve management of the shrimp fishery?
● How do ecosystem changes affect your businesses and communities?
● What do people value in the ecosystem?
September 20, 2023, from 4–7 p.m. EDT
Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council
4107 W. Spruce St. #200, Tampa, FL 33607
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for auxiliary aids should be directed to Molly Stevens 5 days prior to the meeting at (305) 361-4489 or [email protected].
For any questions regarding this session, please contact Molly Stevens.