February 15, 2023
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a three-day meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Shrimp, Socioeconomic, and Ecosystem Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, EST, on March 7-9, 2023. The meeting will be held at the Council Office located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- Review of Shrimp Effort Estimation and New Shrimp Assessment Models
- Review of Royal red Shrimp Landings
- SEDAR 87 Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Terms of Reference, Schedule, and Participants
- Review of SEDAR Schedule and Planned Interim Analyses
- Solicitation of Volunteers for SEDAR 74 Red Snapper Research Track Review Workshop
- Discussion of Economics of Allocation
- Scamp and Yellowmouth Grouper Updated Projections within the Shallow-water Grouper Complex
- Incorporating Socioeconomic Data into Stock Assessments and its Effects on Status Determination Criteria
- Discussion of Decision Points for Evaluation Proxies for Maximum Sustainable Yield
- Discussion of Explicit Temporal Modeling of Recruitment Residuals from Stock Synthesis
- Discussion of Evaluating Bottom Fishing Seasonal Closures in the Recreational Fishery
- Discussion of Greater Amberjack Discard Mortality
- Briefing on the Progress of the Great Amberjack Count
- Examination of an Alternative Allocation Approach
- Review of Wenchman and Mid-Water Snapper Historical Landings
Public comment will be held in-person and over the webinar each day before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.