April 22, 2022
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a two-day in-person meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Socioeconomic, and Shrimp Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held from 9:00 – 5:00 EDT on May 10-11, 2022. The meeting will be held at the Council Office located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607.
Members of the public are welcome to attend in-person and by webinar.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- National Standard 2 and the Best Scientific Information Available
- Acceptable Biological Catch Control Rule Modifications
- Update on Number of Active Gulf Shrimp Permits, Economic Estimates, and Royal Red Landings
- SEFSC Analysis of Red Grouper Stock Assessments using Alternative Marine Recreational Information Program Landings Data
- Review of Additional Sector Allocation-informed Projections for Gulf of Mexico Greater Amberjack
- Discussion of Goliath Grouper Council Motion and Available Data
- Terms of Reference for State Reef Fish Survey Run of SEDAR 72 Model for Gulf Gag Grouper
Public comment will be held in-person and over the webinar each day before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.