The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will host a meeting of its Coral and Shrimp Advisory panels in conjunction with its Coral Scientific and Statistical Committee. The meeting will convene from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM on Monday, September 16, 2019 at the Council offices located at 4107 W. Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33607. The group will address the following:
- The implementation status of Coral Amendment 9 which designates 21 new known coral areas as Habitat Areas of Particular Concern and adds fishing regulations to prohibit bottom tending gear in 13 of those areas.
- Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary expansion update
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary expansion and its implications for fisheries management
- Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease
- NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program