The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Coral, and Socioeconomic Scientific and Statistical Committees on January 9-11 in the Gulf Council’s Conference room located at 2203 N. Lois Ave, Suite 1100, Tampa, FL, 33607. The meeting will convene on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday, January 10, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. EDT.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following items:
- Southeast Deep-sea Coral Initiative in the Gulf of Mexico
- Review of the public hearing draft of Coral Amendment 9
- Review of Management Strategy Evaluation for the Coral Reef Conservation Program
- Grouper and Tilefish 5-year IFQ Review
- Review of Draft Status Determination Criteria/Optimum Yield Options Paper
- SEDAR 62 Gray Triggerfish Standard Assessment
- Spawning Aggregations in the Gulf of Mexico
- Evaluation Robustness of Harvest Control Rules to Future Red Tide Events
- Further Development of a Stock Assessment Prioritization Spreadsheet
- Analysis Related to Draft Generic Amendment-Carry-over Provision and Framework Modifications
- Analysis of Red Grouper Indices of Abundance
- Discussion of an ABC Control Rule for Data-Limited Stocks
For a complete agenda and meeting materials click here.
Click here to register for the webinar.