The following Fishery Bulletin is provided to our subscribers as a courtesy:
The goal of the Saltonstall-Kennedy Grant program is to fund projects that address the needs of fishing communities, optimize economic benefits by building and maintaining sustainable fisheries, and increase other opportunities to keep working waterfronts viable. The FY20 solicitation seeks applications that fall into one of two priorities:
(1) Promotion, Development, and Marketing
Projects sought should:
- Promote better business practices to increase market demand for, and value-added of, U.S. commercial and recreational fish species.
- Develop collaborative and improved regional, national, and global public relations and marketing opportunities that can position the U.S. seafood industry to increase domestic production and better compete in global markets.
- Include marketing strategies which involve participation of the seafood industry locally, regionally, or nationally.
(2) Science or Technology that Promotes Sustainable U.S. Seafood Production and Harvesting
Projects sought should:
- Directly impact fisheries (to include commercial, recreational, wild capture, and aquaculture) through the development of science and technology based pilot projects that lead to the strengthening of existing, or the creation of new markets and opportunities in U.S fishing communities.
- Demonstrate a direct need or benefit to the fishing community that connects all segments of the fisheries supply chain from growing/harvesting to processing and marketing.
- Include, within the scope of the project, participation of the seafood industry and/or fishing community.
This year’s solicitation consists of two separate submission processes. All interested applicants must submit a two page Pre-Proposal to the Federal Funding Opportunity posted at www.Grants.gov found here. Applicants interested in submitting a full application after the pre-proposal review process must submit the full application through www.grants.gov.
Please note that under this one Notice of Federal Funding Opportunity there are two competition links. Please be sure to submit your pre-proposals to the “PRE PROPOSALS FY20 Saltonstall-Kennedy” link within the dates specified in this FFO. Please be sure to submit your FULL Proposals to the “FULL Proposals FY20 Saltonstall-Kennedy” link prior to the date specified in this FFO. Be sure to read the FFO and follow the directions closely.