August 28, 2020
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council’s Standing, Reef Fish, Mackerel, Socioeconomic, and Ecosystem Scientific and Statistical Committees will meet via webinar September 14 – 16, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM, EDT each day.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- King Mackerel: An update of the Gulf of Mexico Migratory Group King Mackerel stock assessment (SEDAR 38) including the status of the stock and projections. Also, a summary of comments from the public about the stock collected through the Council’s Something’s Fishy with King Mackerel tool.
- Gray Triggerfish: An interim analysis of the stock with inferences to stock status and updated catch projections.
- Red Snapper:
- The terms of reference for the next red snapper stock assessment (SEDAR 74) which is being conducted as a Research Track assessment.
- Carryover in the Red Snapper Individual Fishing Quota Program
- Gray Snapper: The terms of reference, schedule, and participants for the next gray snapper stock assessment (SEDAR 75), which is being conducted as an operational assessment.
- Allocation Review Procedures
- The Scientific and Statistical Committees will also hear presentations on the following:
- Sex change and spatial management of gag grouper
- Habitat Research
- Red Snapper Supply Chains and Markets
Public comment will be held over the webinar before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.