March 17, 2017
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will meet April 3-6, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Winfrey Hotel, located at 1000 Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham, Alabama 35244. The meeting will convene on the following days and local times:
- Closed Session from 8:30 – 10:30 on Monday
- Council Committees meet 10:30 – 5:30 on Monday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 5:00 on Tuesday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 10:15 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 10:15 – 5:00 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 8:30 – 4:00 on Thursday
Public testimony is scheduled on Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition to taking general comments, testimony will be taken on the following issues:
- Final Action on Reef Fish Amendment 46 – Gray Triggerfish Rebuilding Plan
- Final Action on Reef Fish Amendment 36A – Modifications to the Commercial Individual Fishng Quota Programs
- Final Action on Shrimp Amendment 17B – Yield, Threshold Number of Permits, and Transit Providions,
- Final Action on Framework Action – Modify Mutton Snapper ACL and Management Measuers and the Commercial Gag Minimum Size Limit
- Final Action on Framework Action – Increase Greater Amberjack Annual Catch Limits
Written comments submitted on these issues by March 28, 2017 will be summarized and presented to Full Council before final action is taken. Visit the scoping through implementation page of our website to submit your comments or email your comments to [email protected].
Council meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live over the internet. Register for the webinar.