October 31, 2021
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, EST on November 15, 2022. The meeting will be held in-person at the Council Offices located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607. Virtual participation is allowed.
The Panel will address the following:
- Update on Council actions resulting from motions made during the March 2022 Shrimp Advisory Panel meeting.
- Presentation on the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary proposed rule. The Panel is expected to make recommendations that will inform the Council’s comment letter on the expansion.
- The Panel will receive a presentation from NOAA Fisheries on shrimp effort estimation in the Gulf of Mexico and will have a discussion.
- Update from the Bureau of Energy Management on the development of wind energy areas in the Gulf.
- Update from NOAA Fisheries on the Southeast Data, Assessment, and Review research track stock assessment for shrimp.
- Presentation on current research regarding sawfish and its habitat in the Gulf of Mexico and will have a discussion.
Public comment will be held before the meeting adjourns.