February 24, 2023
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene a meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel on March 15 and 16, 2023. The meeting will convene from 8:30 – 4:30 EST on March 15, 2023 and from 8:30 – 2:30 EST on March 16, 2023. The meeting will be held in-person at the Council Offices located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Panel will address the following:
- An update on Shrimp Effort Estimation Models and 2021 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Effort
- Status on SD Card Returns and an Update on the Use of Port Agents to Promote the Return of SD Cards
- Update on the National Marine Fisheries Vessel Monitoring System Project
- Update on the LGL P-Sea WindPlot Project
- Review of Draft Shrimp Framework Action to Modify the Vessel Position Data Collection Program for the Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Fishery
- 2021 Gulf Shrimp Fishery Landings
- Biological Review of the 2022 Texas Closure
- Review of the 2021 Royal Red Shrimp Landings
- Update on Empirical Dynamic Modeling for White and Brown Shrimp
- Update on a Shrimp Research Track Stock Assessment
- Update on Hurricane Ian Assessment and the Florida Seafood Industry
- Update on Wind Energy Areas in the Gulf of Mexico
- Update from the Southeast Regional Office’s Protected Resources, including Sea Turtle Take and Turtle Excluder Device Compliance
Public comment will be held before the meeting adjourns.
Register for the webinar here.