April 14, 2023
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will hold a three-day meeting of its Standing, Reef Fish, Socioeconomic, and Ecosystem Scientific and Statistical Committees. The meeting will be held from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EDT on May 2 and 3, 2023 and from 8:30 – 1:00 pm EDT on May 4, 2023. The meeting will be held at the Council Office located at 4107 West Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Scientific and Statistical Committees will address the following:
- A report from the MRIP Transition Team on red snapper and other species in the Gulf State supplemental surveys
- Evaluation of the interim analysis process
- Review of queen snapper, silk snapper, and blackfin snapper landings and consideration of catch limits
- Review of black grouper and yellowfin grouper landings and consideration of catch limits
- Review of a Gulf of Mexico ecosystem model to support fisheries management
- Management strategy evaluation workshop
- A review of the SHELF Fish Egg Monitoring Program
- Scope of work for the upcoming gray triggerfish stock assessment
Public comment will be held in-person and over the webinar each day before the meeting adjourns.
For an agenda and meeting materials, click here.
Register for the webinar here.