- Manages fishery resources in the federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico
- Prepares fishery management plans (FMPs) and makes recommendations by balancing competing interests
- Uses scientific advice from NOAA Fisheries and public opinion to inform FMP recommendations
- Aims to achieve the greatest overall benefit to the nation by sustaining and maintaining responsible fisheries management
- Stays consistent with the ten national standards laid out by the Magnuson Stevens Act
- Specifically manages reef fish, shrimp, spiny lobster, coastal migratory pelagics, corals, essential fish habitat, red drum, and aquaculture
Left to right: Joe Spraggins, Kevin Anson, Billy Broussard, Dave Donaldson, Robert Gill, Susan Boggs, Leann Bosarge, C J Sweetman (Liaison for Jessica McCawley), Dale Diaz, Bob Shipp, Dakus Geeslin (Liaison for Robin Reichers), Greg Stunz, Troy Williamson, J D Dugas, Chris Schieble (Liaison for Patrick Banks), Tom Frazier. Not pictured: Phil Dyskow.